Friday, October 21, 2011

Aarwangen 11 Dec 1895



My dear ones,

It's been a long time since we heard from you. If is our fault. Since your letter, I have been sick a long time. I had so much pain in my back until the middle of the summer. I couldn't walk and had to stay in bed 'mid great pain. I couldn't move. The doctor came everyday. When I could get out in the sun it finally started to get better. Otherwise all are well.

The children grow and are happy. Little Anneli wants to boss everyone.

Dear Anna, five weeks ago they buried Mrs. Buhleu. Our Marie was there and took care of her while she was ill.

What are your children doing? Are they well? I hope so. Good health is the greatest wealth we can have.

Our only picture of Anna Gygax Huber.
It was sent to America in 1895 but the
date and age of Anna when it was taken
is unknown.
We had a meeting in Evangelist Ruggele (Roggwil, a nearby town?). I repented. Since then I have been reading the Bible and praying and I hope God will bless me with the Holy Ghost and strength to endure the time I have left to live. So I will remain here until we meet on the other side where it is beautiful and Heavenly - right dear Anna?

I am sending a picture, you can tell your children this is their Grandmother. How I would like to see them and give them a kiss and clasp them to my heart.

Outside of this, I have nothing new to write to you. My brothers and sisters as far as I know are well.

Lisele and Muller went to Schwarzhaüsen with Ammeli to visit and had a good time. The son of sister Lisele was here with us last summer.

We send you loving greetings., Lisele Muller and children and wish you a blessed New Year. Especially greetings and kisses to your children, you and your husband.

Your Mother,
Anna H.

No comments: